It will be good to have you back in the pews at St. Ambrose when YOU are comfortable returning. Public Masses will resume June 13, 2020 at the regular weekend Mass times. A lot of work preparing the church building for your return has taken place over the past week. We want you to feel safe when you worship together. Thank you to the Parish Response Team: Deacon Jay and Monica Ellebracht, co-leaders; Sam Roberts and Rick Lucido, Greeter/Usher Captains; Sheila Mullen, Cleaning Captain. Thank you to all the volunteers who will assist with reopening as ushers, greeters and ministers of the Eucharist.
Allow me to make some important points about the return to public Masses.
- Mass attendance is optional, not obligatory until further notice.
- Safe-Distancing, Attendance Limits, and Other Precautions will be in place.
- Ushers will greet you and lead you to a seat.
- Those who live in the same household may sit together.
- Please wear a mask.
- Please sanitize your hands when arriving and departing.
- The entire worship space will be disinfected before and after each Mass.
- Ambrose Church will be limited to no more than 150 guests.
- We are asking parishioners to SIGN UP for Mass beginning this weekend using the SIGNUP GENIUS found here: Sign up for Mass at St. Ambrose This method will also make “contact tracing” more efficient if needed.
- For those without computer access, please call the parish office at 466-2921 and leave a message for Mary Jo indicating the time of Mass you prefer and how many members of your household will be with you.
- Hymnals, bulletins, flyers, brochures and extra envelopes have been removed from the Church. We will dispense with congregational singing until it is safer to do so. If you come to Mass this weekend, the hymnals will be available AFTER Mass for you to take home. Do not bring them with you when you come to Mass.
- For those who wish to have the readings for Mass, you are welcome to do so by using the parish wi-fi in Church. Please use the parish wi-fi only for following the readings and prayers. Readings can be found at usccb.org.: APPS for your iPhone/iPad include IBREVIARY and LAUDATE . When in Church go to settings and look for available networks, choose RECTORY. The password is stamb820.
- A collection will not be gathered, but baskets will be available at the entrances for your donations. The Ambrose Community Outreach receptacles will also be available.
- There will be no “Children’s Liturgy of the Word” until further notice.
- The distribution of Communion will take place at the END OF MASS. Take all personal belongings with you and follow the directions of the ushers. After receiving Communion, you will depart the Church building. Please remember to say a prayer of thanksgiving as you return to your car.
- Each section in the Church will have a designated exit. Exceptions will be made for our elderly and disabled parishioners.
- We encourage you to wear your mask during the entire Mass, removing it only for Communion. While not required when social distancing, we feel it is an act of charity toward our brothers and sisters who will gather with us. We want everyone to feel safe.
- You are discouraged from gathering outside the exits or in the parking lot even though we haven’t seen each other for far too long.
I reiterate that returning to Mass at this time is OPTIONAL. The dispensation from Sunday Mass remains in effect. If you are uncomfortable with any of the expectations or requirements, I encourage you to wait until they are less restrictive. Anyone who is not feeling well, please stay home.
We WILL continue to offer Communion Services (Saturday 6:00 p.m. and Sunday Noon and 12:30 p.m.) for those who wish to receive the Eucharist but are not comfortable attending a full Mass.
God bless you and keep you safe!
Fr. Steve and the Parish Response Team