St. Ambrose Parish ~ 820 W. Homer M Adams Pkwy, Godfrey, IL
Dispensation from Mass obligation ended June 12, 2021, in Diocese of Springfield in Illinois. Bishop Thomas John Paprocki of the Diocese of Springfield in Illinois announced that all Catholics across the diocese are obligated to attend Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation. Those who believe they should continue to be dispensed from the obligation to attend Mass should speak to their parish priest, who may grant a dispensation in individual cases for a just reason. Those who are ill or may have come in contact with someone with COVID-19 are excused and do not need a dispensation. READ MORE from Bishop Paprocki's Press Release here
The State of Illinois is moved to Phase 5 on Friday, June 11, 2021. We have returned to full capacity and all Sacraments are to be celebrated in in accord with the General Instruction of the Roman Missal and the rubrics as provided in the Roman Missal and the pertinent liturgical books.
What does this mean for St. Ambrose?
- Holy Water will be returned to Church Entrances with the water being blessed at the 4:30 pm Mass
- Servers will process and take part in the liturgy
- Usher’s will be taking up collections during Mass
- FACE COVERINGS AT MASS - The CDC and IDPH encourages all children and adults to wear a face covering (mask) INDOORS whether vaccinated or not. We encourage all parishioners to wear a face covering when at Mass. Face coverings are an encouragement, not a requirement. The seating arrangement at St. Ambrose allows for safe distancing in sections C, D and E. "Open seating" is available in sections A, B and F.
- Eucharistic Ministers still need to wear face mask. Not everyone is vaccinated
- The top of the pews (high touch areas) will be wiped. We will discontinue wiping seats and kneelers
- Children’s envelopes will be available soon
- See Father Steve Janoski for individual dispensations
- Full congregational singing is suspended at this time
Please remember we MUST consider those still at risk
Please click the link to read Decree from Bishop Paprocki ~ dated March 2021
Masses are live-streamed on our Facebook Page at StAmbroseParishGodfreyIL
Monday at 5:30 p.m. followed by the praying of the Rosary
Tuesday - Friday at 8:15 a.m.
Saturday at 4:30 p.m.
Sunday at 8:00 a.m. and at 10:30 a.m.
SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION
On Saturdays beginning at 3:30 p.m. in the Daily Chapel
PRAYING OF THE ROSARY
Mondays following Daily Mass
Church Seating Layout